As we thoughtfully re-open our doors at OLC for the upcoming fall and winter months, the health, safety, and well-being of our retreatants, staff, volunteers and hosted guests is our top priority during this time of the Covid-19 pandemic. We are making changes to our physical environment, operating policies, and programming based on and mandated by CT/CDC guidelines in order for all of us to feel safe from a health perspective.
Here are some of the things you can expect as we re-open OLC.
Based on current guidelines, the maximum number of retreatants or guests is limited to 25. We optimistically hope and pray that the guidelines will change/increase in the near future and we will modify our occupancy accordingly.
Before you arrive at OLC for your program or retreat:
- Please stay home if you or anyone in your household has a fever greater than 100 degrees, has flu-like symptoms, sore throat, cough, chills, congestion/runny nose, diarrhea, fatigue, muscle/body aches, headache, difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, or a new loss of smell or taste.
- Please stay home if you have been exposed to Covid-19.
- You must not be experiencing symptoms from any illness. You must not have traveled from/through any states that are included on Connecticut’s travel advisory list (https://portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/Travel) within 14 days of arriving at OLC.
- Please stay home if you have a compromised immune system or suffer from immune deficiency diseases.
- We will call you the day before your retreat/program and conduct a health screening assessment over the phone.
If you can’t attend an in-person program, consider taking advantage of our on-line programming available on this website.
When you arrive at OLC for your program or retreat:
- We will check your temperature and conduct an in-person health screening assessment before you enter OLC.
During your time at OLC:
Here are 5 precautions we will take to protect you:
- Health screen employees and volunteers for any symptoms of Covid-19
- Mandate that employees and volunteers stay home if they are sick
- Wash our hands and make hand sanitizer available
- Clean, disinfect surfaces, areas, and equipment
- Post social distance signs
Here are 5 precautions we expect you to take to protect us:
- Wear a face mask to cover your nose and mouth
- Watch your distance. Stay 6 feet apart from others and follow our signs.
- Wash your hands and hand sanitize often
- Don’t enter OLC if you are sick
- Prepay retreat/program offering before your day of arrival to ensure contactless payments
- We are all in this together and we are all responsible for the health, safety, and well-being of not only ourselves but each other. It’s extremely important to all of us at OLC that you feel safe during your time here.